Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid


Lanolips is described as “An ultra rich and creamy whipped lanolin lip treatment with organic lemon oil to naturally exfoliate, leaving lips fresh, soft and moist” and I couldn’t agree more.

Lanolips, as the name suggest contains Lanolin (over 70% medical grade to be in fact). Lanolin is an all natural moisturiser derived from the greasy coating on sheep wool – sounds very appealing huh? Putting the source of the lanolin aside, lanolips describes it as “nature’s wonder moisturiser”.

When I first applied Lanolips my initial reaction was “wow, this is really moisturising”.  This rich and creamy balm melts onto lips creating an instant smooth and moisturising effect without being sticky. To a apply use a clean finger or lip brush to smooth onto lips and any left over product can rubbed into your cuticles for an added cuticle treatment (it contains natural lanolin, so why not?). 

In the tube, Lanolips is a light creamy colour with slight glitters which applies clear while the glitters sparkle in the light. The scent is of sugary lemon, a scent in which I adore but if your not into lemon maybe give this one a miss.

Lanolips comes in a 12.5g (0.42 oz.) tube and its lettering and cap is finished in gold, quite a fancy touch for a tube of gloss.  

I purchased my Lanolips from Myer for $15.95(AUD) where they had a buy one get one free Lanolips with colour in Apples. A juicy red colour that is equally as creamy and moisturising but gives a subtle red shine to lips – delicious!


2 comments:

  1. I love lanolips, so prefect for the cold windy weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Lanolips a while back when my friend had a tube, I do love it, but I baulked at the price. You can get lanolin from the baby section in Priceline for a quarter of the price.

    ReplyDelete