Monday, June 6, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: My Favourite Skincare Product

One of the biggest misconceptions about eye creams is that they are only for people with wrinkles or at that stage in life where they are trying to prevent wrinkles. 

Although one of the amazing benefits of an eye cream is to minimise or reduce early signs of ageing such as wrinkles they also work a treat on reducing puffiness, under eye bags and dark circles.

I’m currently using samples of Clinique‘s All About Eyes Serum Roll on and Channel’s Beaute Initiale Eye (alternating between days).


The clinique roll on contains caffeine which assists in reducing under eye puffiness and the Channel gel is infused with vitamins and minerals (even a Yeast extract) that protects against premature ageing and fights puffiness and dark circles.

To apply an eye cream, lightly pat a small amount of cream or serum into the under eye area and lightly work it around into the lid. It is recommended by various beauty gurus to use your ring finger as it’s the weakest finger and avoids any harsh tugging or pulling on your delicate skin surrounding the eyes. 

As mentioned above, I’m currently using eye cream samples and once they are finished I’m really interested in trying the new (well, new to Australia anyway) Yes to Blueberries “Age Refresh” Eye Firming Treatment which claims to be “Made up of blueberries, paracress flower, beeswax and olive fruit oil, the Eye Firming Treatment’s paracress flower has also clinically been proven to help restore and smooth skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in 28 days”.


Image sourced from Google images

The Yes To range is available in David Jones and retails from $34.95 (AUD).  Do you use an eye cream? If yes, what’s your favourite eye cream product?

This post is Day 27 of my 30 Day Blog Challenge; click here to view my introduction.

3 comments:

  1. I'm using the Armani eye serum at the moment and I love it under an eye cream because it really helps to reduce puffiness but is not hydrating enough on its own. I always try to pick up eye cream samples because I love trying new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Eye Cream and Day Lotion and I couldn't stand it. It made my face all blotchy. Everything I've used from Yes to Tomatoes, Carrots, and Blueberries has made my skin break out shame really :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @productsoctor Yes, I do luv samples too, I find a product always works amazing in sample form :)

    @Skin Scrubs you may have changed my mind about the Yes To Blueberries, I might look up some reviews before purchasing.. Sorry to hear u had such a bad reaction..

    ReplyDelete