Saturday, December 1, 2012

November Favourites


I was inspired to reappear from by blogging hiatus from browsing through Etsy and Pinterest today, it really made me feel like doing something creative.

Over the past few months I have on and off been living away from home which involved smart minimal packing so I wouldn’t have to cart a whole lot of unwanted stuff here and there. So when I thought to do a favourites post I didn’t look too further than what I have in my makeup bag.

Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay


I know this palette is nothing new to share with you however with Christmas around the corner I thought it may spark someone’s interest as a gift idea. Cooler in tone than its predecessor, the Naked palette, Naked 2 had twelve beautiful neutral eye shadows that are vibrant, buttery and a breeze to blend. Since purchasing this palette a little over a month ago I have been using it almost every day, my favourite shades are Half Baked, Verve and YDK.

NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Alhambra

 

This duo is my no fuss, up and out the door shadow. The metallic rose and sparkling champagne complement each other so nicely and both colours look beautiful on their own or applied with a damp brush for a deeper dazzle of colour.
 

Juicy Couture Original Fragrance
I purchased this at the very end of November hence the slight usage; however I have purchased many bottles in the past (so it totally justifies being a November favourite). To me it reminds me of warm summer nights in Honolulu, Hawaii where I purchased my first bottle. It is a sweet fragrance with top notes of watermelon, mandarin and passion fruit however to me it smells of fresh cut frangipani’s.

Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
Again, this product needs no introduction. A cult beauty staple, the Urban Decay Primer Potion allows shadows to stay put all day with little creasing and increased vibrancy.

Inglot Freedom Quad
This is a rediscovered favourite, just like the Alhambra duo, this quad creates a quick no fuss look. I feel all colours complement each other nicely and create the perfect every day natural eye.


Stay Pretty Pro Longwear Blush by MAC
Released with the MAC Office Hours collection, Stay Pretty is a matte pink blush. As it’s Pro Longwear formulation I find it has good staying power and it provides a nice, pretty flush to the cheeks.

Springsheen Sheertone Shimmer Blush by MAC
A part of MAC’s permanent collection, this blush was actually a gift from my fiancĂ©. Springsheen is a peachy/coral with a golden shimmer and because of its sheertone formulation blends nicely into the skin without the disco ball look.
Sun Dipped Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder by Mac
Released with the Hello Sailor collection, Sun Dipped is a Bronze with gold micro glitter. I was a little apprehensive when I purchased this as I had a strict matte bronzer policy however Sun Dipped has become one of my favourite bronzers and I use it everyday to contour or frame my face.   

L-R: Stay Pretty, Springsheen and Sun Dipped
Have you tried and loved any of my November favourites? Do you have your own favourites to share? Please comment I would love to hear from you.

PHOTOBOMBED.. Millie decided to fly over to check out what I was up to.



 

11 comments:

  1. This just reminded me of what a beautiful colour Springsheen is! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, it is such a pretty colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. springsheen is soooo pretty and i am obsessed with inglot eyeshadows at the moment! i cant wait to pick up the nars eye palette now after seeing this :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Nars duo looks beautiful! I am a new follower.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nowt like a pretty photobombed birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay because its colors are too natural...
    Organic skin care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow love all these collection and i love colors, i really enjoyed read this blog thanks for share with us valuable post, great job keep it up!! you can also visit:- skindirect.com

    Elemis Cosmetics | Elemis Beauty | Elemis Eye Mask

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice collections, really love the naked nars. I bought hyp jacket HY210 for fall season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really..Nicemakeup.
    beautygardeners.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. I really liked this part of the article, This is truly awesome article.
    healing body oil

    ReplyDelete