Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Benefit's They're Real! Mascara

Image from benefitcosmetics.com
I know I’m a little late to jump on the band wagon with this one however I’m very vigilant when it comes to “the mascara three month rule”, so I have been waiting to finish my other mascara before trying anything new.

After finally ripping into my new mascara and not trying to sound too cliché, it was love at first swipe and They’re Real! seemed to tick all my mascara boxes – volumising, lengthening, defining and holds a curl.


I think the real stand out feature for this mascara is the wand. Its long bristles are plastic (which I personally prefer) and I find great for even application and definition. Its spiky round tip is great for defining the inner corner and lower lashes however, excess formula does clump around the tip (as most mascaras do), so make sure you wipe off excess from the wand before using.


The formula (hard for me to describe) is not wet and not clumpy or dry and the colour is a true jet black. As far as I’m aware, They’re Real! only comes in one colour – Jet Black, this could be a disadvantage for all the brown lovers out there.  

Only a couple of times have I noticed some smudging way up near my brow bone (this mascara really does lengthen!) however this could have been due to makeup setting spray I sometimes sprits after applying my makeup.  

They’re Real! wears very well and I’m yet to notice any flakiness and at the end of the day my lashes still look pretty good. It does put up a fight when removing though, as I have had a little trouble even with my favourite eye and makeup remover from Nivea.  


They’re Real! retails for $28.00(USD) or $38.00(AUD) quite pricey considering there is many other good mascaras under the “drug store” price point. Never less, I definitely do recommend They’re Real! for mascara lovers and I would be happy to re-purchase again.

Have you tried They’re Real!? I would love to know your thoughts, or if you haven’t, what mascara do you swear by?

Keep reading to check out the pics below of my new falsies…. Just kidding – They’re Real ;)

Before....
After....
As you can see from the pic above it creates dramatic length and volume.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, what a great result! I have been on the fence about purchasing this one for a while, but I think that I will grab it now!

    Sharleena xx
    markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete