Saturday, July 30, 2011

Napoleon Perdis Cake Eyeliner Sealer

2011 has seen my discovery of two new loves: lipsticks and gel or liquid eye liner, prior to this I was all about the lip gloss and eyeliner pencil.
To aid in my recent love for liquid eyeliners I recently purchased Napoleon Perdis Cake Eyeliner Sealer.

This little versatile potion transforms all eye shadows or cake eyeliners into liquid with one little drop giving you an endless amount of coloured liner options.
 I last tried this product way back in early high school and I think at the time I used it to paint on eye shadows as I have never had the patients or a steady hand for creating a liquid line.
To use, apply one drop into your desired coloured eye shadow and apply your new liquid liner with precision with your favourite angled or liner brush.  
If you like me and shudder at the thought of adding a liquid into your favourite eye shadow, do as I do and work backwards. That is: place a drop of the Eyeliner Sealer onto a plate or container, load your angled or liner brush up with shadow and lightly dip into the solution and line away.
Perfect for loose shadows or pigments, the Eyeliner Sealer has great staying power and easily last all day and makes colours appear so much more vibrant.


The picture above shows eyeshadow swatches from my Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette and their corresponding liquid liner creations using the Cake Eyeliner Sealer.

After searching the web, I found that apparently eye drops as are great DIY alternative to this otherwise there also is good old fashioned water which I’m sure would also do the trick – just not sure about its staying power?
Purchase Napoleon Perdis Cake Eyeliner Sealer online for $18.00(AUD) or from David Jones, Napoleon concept stores or Terry White Chemists (where I got mine at 20% off).

2 comments:

  1. great review! ive heard that this is a great sealer for normal pencil liners aswell, you just put a little drop over ur preapplied liner. I own one of the Napoleon Perdis cake eyeliners (cost me $4!) and although it works with water i think it would work better with sealer, i just have to go buy this!!
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is a great review and really interesting product! Thanks!
    I'm also having a giveaway on my blog right now if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete