Sunday, March 27, 2011

These are a few of my favourite things…


As mentioned on my previous blog, My Guilty Pleasures, I have been getting into the beauty community on YouTube recently. As I have been immersing myself in all things beauty, I too have developed the need to buy, try and review the latest products. Below I have put together a collection of my favourite products that I have been loving so far in 2011.


Nude by Nature – Mineral Make-up
Natural ingredients and chemical free, this product offers great everyday coverage. Easy to apply (lightly buff over face using a kabuki brush) and team with concealer and light bronzer for a flawless finish.  


Too Faced – Natural Eye Pallet
My new favourite eye shadows! Create a day, classic and party look in one pallet. The colours are beautifully pigmented and it comes with three step-by-step “look” cards for easy application – bonus!


Benefit Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow – R.S.V.P
Just a beautiful Champagne base colour, easy to apply and true to it’s name – it does not crease.   



Maybelline – The Falsies Volume Express
I had to try the mascara that the online beauty world was raving about and I was not disappointed. I was surprised that it applies so well and was not clumpy even after a few coats, eye lashes don’t look false but definitely adds volume.

Benefit Box-O-Powder – Dallas
My current every day blush, a beautiful sunset plum colour. I love benefit’s powders, I have recently ordered the new “Bella Bamba” online so I will let you know what I think when it arrives.



Skindinavia – No More Shine Make-up Finish Spray
Spritz over your face before and after make up application for make up that stays put all day. Just having purchased it a few months ago it came in handy during the summer party season.



Yes to Carrots – Eye and Makeup Remover
I was first introduced to this brand in 2010 when my sister gave me the Yes to Carrots and Cucumber Shampoo and Conditioner for my birthday. Ever since then I loved the brand and wanted to try more from the Yes to range. I was very excited to find that they sell Yes to in Priceline and I purchased the Eye and Makeup Remover. It applies as a cream and easily removes all make-up including stubborn eye liner and mascara. Once the cream is massaged into the face it is then removed with warm water – so effort is needed.  

Moroccan Oil
I use this every time I blow dry my hair and it gives a silky smooth result every time (not to mention I really like the scent).


St Tropez – Bronzing Mousse
A great fake tan that I have been re-purchasing for a few years now, great colour and the scent is not too bad. I prefer the mousse for an easy application, oh and apply with rubber gloves or the application mitt as it’s much easier and you will have orange free palms.


No comments:

Post a Comment