Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Beauty Trends of 2011

Before we pop the Champagne and kiss 2011 goodbye, I thought I would look back at some of my favourite beauty trends of the year.



Balayage Hair

This year we embraced our dark roots with this French colouring technique from the 1970’s. Balayage creates a sun kissed look that is low maintenance and looks beautiful with soft tousled curls.

Whitney Port (Image: Getty)


Facial Contouring

Create chiselled cheekbones, highlight your best facial features and give yourself a defined glowy complexion. Throughout 2011 I have “faked it until I made it” with my trusty bronzer and highlighter.

Image source: Lana Tailor


Defined Brows

Eyebrows frame the face and this year I have been filling in my brows with a brown eyeshadow to give definition, fullness and to finish a makeup look.  

Image source: Misquince Mag


Primer

As the great Napoleon Perdis once said; “Not to prime is a crime” and this year I have really been loving the benefits of a great primer. My top primers include:


Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Lips: NP Set Lip Primer

Face: Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer  



Long Lashes

This year was all about creating the faux lashes look with the release of Maybelline’s Falsies and Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara’s. Long luscious and thick lashes are all the trend and finding a mascara that could give you this and hold a curl was like discovering the HG.

Image source: Secrets to Beautiful Eyes



Bold Lips

Reds, pinks, plums and oranges – the colour explosion of 2011 was too good to miss! My lipgloss took a backseat as I experimented my way through a colourful range of creamy, frosty and matte finishes and found a new love in lipstick.

Image source: Elleuk


Glitter Nails

So pretty but such a pain to remove! 2011 went off with a “Glitter Bomb” with the release of OPI’s Muppett’s Collection.



Coral Cheeks

This year I found myself buying up different variations of coral blush as if gives such a beautiful glowy look that is so fresh and vibrant. My favourites of the year would be NARS Orgasm and Benefit’s Coralista.



Gel Nail Polish

A mani that lasts two weeks, chip free? Yes please! When CND Shallac exploded onto the Australian nail scene, many other companies followed suite and nail polish lovers rejoiced (myself included).   




 
What were your favourite beauty trends of 2011?

I hope everyone had a fabulous Holiday break and are looking forward to the New Year. Have an amazing night on Saturday and I look forward to another fun year of blogging through Beauty Soiree. x




1 comment: